Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Head of Geography
Grade: MPS/ UPS (£23,270 - £39,406) with a TLR
Accountable to: Assistant Principal / SLT Link
Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Head of Geography to join our passionate team. To lead the subject area of Geography achieving effective deployment of staff and resources in order to achieve the Academy aims, improving the outcomes for all students.
Leadership and Management
• Uphold and implement all whole-Academy policies in the discharge of duties of the post
• In conjunction with the Principal, plan the offer of appropriate courses within the curriculum area.
• Contribute to the compilation of Academy SEF themes
• Report on standards and progress in the area by tracking through the year and producing summative reports as required
• Ensure schemes of work are produced, kept up to date, and adhered to by staff
• Manage exam entries, coursework requirements (where applicable), submission dates and all routine accreditation demands either directly or through clearly defined, agreed responsibilities within the team
• Manage the team and other resources of budget including bidding and forecasting future needs to ensure impact on student outcomes
Classroom Teachers - Expectations of all Academy staff:
• Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th February 2019 - 9.00 am
Shortlisting Date: W/C 25th February 2019
Interview Date: W/C 25th February 2019
Start Date: ASAP
To apply, please click the apply button and complete the application form by the closing date of 26th February 2019. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.