“The principal, governors and the Trust have a shared vision for the school that is based upon high aspirations for its pupils. Leaders are committed to ensuring that pupils continue to make good and improving progress.” Ofsted, November 2017
Wymondham High is a very successful and oversubscribed 11 – 18 Academy, 8 miles from Norwich:
• A “Good school” with an “Outstanding” Sixth Form [Ofsted, November 2017]
• Tatler magazine Top 20 State School 2018
• Top 5 Attaining State School in Norfolk 2017
Head of Geography
Permanent Full time
Teachers Main pay scale plus TLR1a £7699
To start 1st September 2018
We require an inspirational Head of Geography to lead the department on its journey to deliver outstanding results for learners at all Key Stages. This post would suit an exceptional colleague capable of building on the many strengths of the team whilst challenging the department to strive for even greater progress.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Is an outstanding practitioner,
• Can deliver the Academy’s vision for excellence through the department,
• Is resilient and determined,
• Is able to model outstanding Geography teaching to pupils at all levels.
• Has a clear vision for, and record of, developing innovative teaching and learning practice across a team
• Inspires students and staff alike, contributing to the ethos within the school.
For further information or informal discussion about this post or to arrange a visit, please contact Mr Jonathan Rockey, Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9am 19th March 2018
Interview Date: 27th March 2018
We are committed to offering excellent professional opportunities for our staff, through careful support and personalised CPD. We offer a structured and specific induction programme for all staff. We work closely with staff and unions to support colleague wellbeing across the Academy. The Academy welcomes applications from members of minority ethnic communities and those with disabilities.
If you would like further details and an academy application form, please access the vacancies page on our school website.
Please apply by letter of application, enclosing a current CV and an Academy application form, quoting the appropriate job reference, to Mrs Joanna Gillard-Eastop, HR Manager via email@example.com
“Wymondham High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.”