HEAD OF GEOGRAPHY
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POST FROM JANUARY 2020
MPS/UPS + TLR2b
We would like to invite applications for the permanent post of Head of Geography from January 2020. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious subject specialist, with a record of delivering excellent results, to lead our Geography Department. You will combine excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to lead the department to inspire, challenge and motivate students to succeed and to achieve their highest possible grades.
The successful applicant must:-
• have a clear vision for the Geography Department at The Joseph Rowntree School.
• have the drive and passion to raise standards in teaching and learning across the team.
• have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
• have the ability to plan strategically.
• be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
• be flexible, collaborative and resilient.
• be able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
• have the ability to lead whole school initiatives.
• be creative at fostering independent student led learning
• be able to teach to A Level and all abilities.
• To lead the department forward in achieving successful results and progress for all students.
• Leading and managing the departmental team to ensure high quality teaching and learning in the subject area.
• Developing approaches to teaching and learning within the department and contributing to the Middle Leaders network.
• Contributing as a middle leader to the ethos, policy and practice of the school.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an ENHANCED criminal record check via the DBS.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please also download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Miss Rachel Walton, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019 at 12 midnight