Head of History.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent middle school; based in Hertfordshire. The school is looking to add a Head of History to its progressive and supportive History Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of History at KS2 and KS3 across year groups 3 to 9. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Head of Department will also line manage the History department, supporting the SLT link and Headteacher to ensure the department achieve to its maximum potential.
“The school is a day and boarding school for boys aged 4-13 with a Pre-Prep for boys and girls aged 4-7. Situated in the heart of Hertfordshire, the school holds an excellent academic reputation, priding itself on preparing pupils for the country’s leading public and independent senior schools. Described by the Good Schools Guide as a school that “brings out the best in boys”, the kinaesthetic approach to schooling at the school ensures boys are highly engaged to achieve the best academic results.
Due to the retirement of the current postholder, we are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, organised and experienced Head of History. The successful candidate will primarily teach History to Common Entrance and Scholarship level. A support subject would be advantageous. A commitment to the extra-curricular programme will be required."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant History Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering History up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1391569 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. REF: 1391569
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...