Head of History
To start September 2018
MPS/UPS + TLR2 £6,514
We are an oversubscribed and highly successful 11-16 school that strives for every student to be the best that they can be, both inside and outside of the classroom. We were judged as good in all areas at recent our Ofsted inspection (October 2017). We are part of a Multi Academy Trust, The Bradgate Education Partnership, which consists of 12 other local primary and secondary schools.
Governors wish to appoint a Head of History with drive, energy and enthusiasm who will assist in taking The Roundhill Academy forward with our school ethos, which is for all stakeholders to believe in themselves. They will engage with their local and the global community and aspire to achieve their full potential. We are convinced that by believing, engaging and achieving students will succeed at school and in their future lives.
Our school values are based around The 4R’s of Respect, Reflect, Resilience and Responsibility.
We can offer:
- A good school in all areas of our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2017)
- A strong ethos and culture of support and guidance to all
- A committed and motivated team
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn
- Excellent behaviour for learning
You will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner
- Able to teach History at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Sonia Pope, Head of Humanities Faculty for further details.
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We believe this role offers a unique opportunity to shape a new educational experience within a high performing and already established community.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Monday 19th March 2018
Interviews will take place on Friday 13th April 2018
Application form and further details can be found on our website at www.roundhill.leics.sch.uk