Head of Department of History
We welcome applications for this permanent, full-time - with effect from 1st September 2018.
There is a vacancy for a highly qualified, and successful teacher to join and lead the department of History in this extremely successful school – which has a first class reputation for producing excellent results at GCSE and A-Level.
The successful candidate will demonstrate vision, passion, leadership and commitment to teaching to complement this strong and exciting department. It would be an advantage for applicants to have the ability or potential to teach History across all Key Stages.
Applications are welcomed from experienced colleagues..
Are you interested in joining a school:
- That has a clear vision and direction
- That is committed to excellent teaching and learning
- That demands high standards from pupils and staff
- That is extremely popular and over-subscribed
- Which is forward thinking, innovative and creative
- That is at the heart of its community and enjoys excellent links with parents
- Where ‘every child matters’ is more than just a phrase
- That believes well-motivated and highly skilled staff are key to a school’s success
- That invests in IT facilities across the curriculum
- That has a highly successful Sixth Form
- That offers an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities
- Where students feel safe and happy
If so, then please consider applying for this challenging and rewarding post.
Our school is also:
- Set in a semi-rural village location
- enjoys excellent travel links (10 minutes walk to the local train station; 7 minutes drive from M1 motorway)
- has local amenities; community spirit; and is in close proximity to the peak district.
Further details and an application form can be found online, via the school’s website www.waleshigh.com.
Deadline for applications is: 9:00 am on Monday 26th February 2018
Interviews have been scheduled for: Wednesday 7th March 2018
Wales High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
WALES HIGH SCHOOL
Tel: 01909 775711
Headteacher: G. Di’Iasio, B.Ed. (Hons)
11-18 Mixed Comprehensive
1550 on roll (Sixth Form 320)