Head of HR
Salary: East Sussex Pay Scale - Grade 13 points 34 (£37,885) to 36 (£40,738)
Passion – Urgency – Positivity – Aspiration – Commitment
As an outstanding, visionary and dynamic individual with strategic insight, this is the job for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented person to lead the HR provision within STEP Academy Trust. With a proven track record of working at a senior level, you will ideally be a qualified HR professional with experience across a broad spectrum of HR matters.
STEP Academy Trust is a forward thinking organisation, so if you would like to work in environment that welcomes new ideas and approaches, we can offer you a dynamic place to work that can offer great opportunities for career development.
The role will require travel throughout the Trust, however it is your choice whether to be based in in South London or East Sussex. What is a must though is an ability to see both the bigger strategic picture and also support colleagues with bespoke advice and guidance – both in person, over the telephone and via email.
You will be working with our strong and talented Central Team, your remit will include:
• Support the development of the vision, strategic direction and leadership in the planning, management and development of effective HR operations across STEP;
• Lead on TUPE transfers and complex restructures;
• Oversee the centralisation of the recruitment process across the Trust;
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements;
• Coach and develop management capability through planned and unplanned activates;
• Ensure HR operations with STEP remain an exemplar in the sector.
You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be a positive role model, who will inspire and motivate others.
We can offer you:
• An infrastructure and culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations for pupils and staff, and complements STEP’s vision;
• Strong partnerships with our family of Academies;
• Outstanding and fully funded professional development;
• An attractive salary with benefits package and career opportunities.
If you believe that this is the role for you and would like to discuss this further, please contact Cheryl Gilbert, Company Secretary, to make an appointment to visit one of our Academies.
An application pack can be obtained by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Completed application forms should be returned by email, post or by hand to Mrs C Gilbert, Company Secretary, STEP Academy Trust, Gonville Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 6DL.
STEP Academy Trust believes that its workforce should reflect the local community and that all groups within the community should have equal access to the Trust’s employment opportunities. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
STEP Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check and references.
CVs are not accepted, a STEP Academy Trust Application Form must be completed.
Tenable: March 2018
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 23rd February 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 5th March 2018