Swanlea School is a large, vibrant and thriving secondary school in the centre of London. With approximately 1000 students on roll and a further 210 at KS5, staff at Swanlea work alongside exceptional colleagues to achieve outstanding student outcomes. In the summer of 2018, we achieved excellent results at GCSE (Progress 8 score of +0.40) and continue to deliver good results at KS5.
In July 2013, OFSTED graded Swanlea as outstanding in all categories for the second time. In July 2015, we were awarded Teaching School status as part of our journey to achieving excellence and we continue to strive to deliver outstanding outcomes across all key stages and subject areas. As such, we are now seeking to appoint an exceptional practitioner in History who can join our teaching and learning team. This person will continue to drive forward our key priorities including our innovative work on feedback.
The Head of Humanities/Associate Assistant Head i/c Humanities will also teach History in a faculty which is one of the highest performing curriculum areas in the school (achieving an overall value added P8 score of +0.8 for Humanities and ALPs 2 for History). Building upon the success of previous years we are now aiming to achieve a GCSE P8 score of +1 and an ALPS score of 1 by 2020 and the Head of Humanities will play a pivotal role in our journey to achieving excellence.
As expected, we are looking for the best. A good honours degree and qualified teacher status are essential. Naturally, the successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher of GCSE and A Level History. You will be able to demonstrate unwavering commitment to raising student progress and standards. Like us, you believe that social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student can share in the joy of education. Most importantly, you will possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose.
In return, we can offer the following:
• A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
• A central location within a vibrant, diverse London Borough, with excellent transport links;
• Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
• Supportive & collegiate staff;
• A broad and wide ranging teacher development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
• A highly regarded middle & emergent leadership programme;
• A supportive and experienced Senior Leadership Team;
• A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
• Discount scheme that offers savings on purchases, including grocery, eating out, entertainment, etc;
• Season ticket loan scheme;
• Cycle to work scheme;
• Free eye tests and discounted eye-care scheme;
• Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date and shortlisting: 11am on Wednesday 20th March 2019.
Interview date: Friday 22nd March 2019.
Swanlea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.