Repton School in Dubai has been consistently rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Dubai education authority (KHDA) placing us in the top 1% of schools in the country. We have close links to our sister school, Repton UK in Derbyshire which allows our students to benefit from an international education based on the British independent system.
Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1800 students attending the school from the age of 3 to 18. In addition, 50 weekly and full time boarding students are supported by a dedicated team of house staff, making Repton a world class educational community in every sense.
The ICT department at Repton requires an enthusiastic, motivated and knowledgeable leader to help promote and develop ICT throughout the school. A vision to develop the computing curriculum, as well as other areas of student interest regarding technology, are essential as is the need to nurture and care for a diverse cohort of students.
Providing our motivated students with engaging lessons is paramount, as are excellent communication and social skills for helping out within all areas of school life at Repton. A desire to promote media skills is key to help drive extra-curricular activities, such as The Repton News initiative.
Cross curricular collaboration is an essential part of leading ICT at Repton, proficiency in this area is a must. As is the desire to challenge students to excel through in school, local, national and international competitions.
The successful applicant will join a school where ICT is compulsory for Key Stage 3, an IGCSE option at Key Stage 4 and at Key Stage 5 students follow the I.B programme. Repton is currently implementing its second stage of phased upgrades to its four specialist IT laboratories and is also focusing on digital literacy throughout the school. As the Head of ICT you would be a driving force in ensuring all students can access technology throughout the school.
Candidates should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the specialist subject that you teach and qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Minimum of two years full time, post-qualification teaching experience in the UK National Curriculum and be a minimum of 25 years old
- Exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues
- Willingness to embrace new methods of teaching, particularly using Apple technology as we move towards Apple Distinguished School Status.
What we offer
- An exceptional employment package, starting from 2500gbp/month (tax free) + accommodation
- Professional development opportunities, where many of our staff secure promoted posts within our group of schools.
- Family benefits for you, your spouse and up to two children
- High quality private healthcare coverage
- Annual flight tickets allowance
- End of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law
We particularly welcome applications from candidates looking to either continue or begin a boarding school career.
Additionally, experience in coaching sport to a high standard (especially football, cricket, and netball) would be an advantage and should be made clear on your application.
Application link - https://evolvence.careers.eteach.com/o/head-of-ict-senior-school/c/new?source=TES