We are looking for an experienced SENCO to become our head of Inclusion. We are a 3-18 British international school and like all schools we have a proportion of students with SEN and EAL. We need a Head of Inclusion to manage our TAs and HLTAs, monitor our intervention groups, support teachers and parents in making school a positive experience for all children. Candidates should have a qualification in SEN and ideally the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.
•BA in Special Education or similar with minimum 6 years of experience as a SEN Teacher.
• SEN Qualification (Masters Level or external certification on an aspect of SEN)
• Previous experience in leading SEN / Learning Support in a primary/secondary school.
• Encourage and promote inclusion across the school at all levels
• Be an exemplary classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement
• Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals
• Line manage staff employed to support children with special needs
• Maintain accurate records and coordinate care plans
• Review whole school assessment data and conduct assessment to identify priority areas and/or pupils for targeted intervention.
• Plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual needs
• Provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families
• Contribute to school pastoral committee
• Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the Principal /Head of Inclusion requires.
• Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
• Tax Free Salary
• Fully furnished accommodation (if applicable)
• Medical insurance and Air Fare (if applicable)
• Opportunity to work within a team of supportive and creative colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted via the TES website.