Matrix Global Schools is located on a lush, green 20 acre site with excellent facilities. The school provides opportunities for students to join either Matrix International Pre-School or Matrix International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE IGCSE) or Matrix Private School (Malaysian National Curriculum) and caters for children from 3 years of age to 17 years of age. We also operate a residential school, for secondary aged students. Our Boarding House is run along Boarding Schools Association standards (BSA).
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for Malaysian children and children from overseas. We have recently signed an agreement with a number of agencies and partner schools, universities in China and Korean and are looking to expand into India and other SE Asian countries. The student population overall, is approximately 800 at present with 350 in our international secondary school. Our teaching staff are both expatriate and Malaysian.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and use data such as CAT4 to ensure we are able to both monitor and map out individual learning programmes for our students. The school is seeking COBIS membership this year and will be welcoming an inspection in the very near future. We have very high aspirations and are ably supported by a strong school board and parent community.
Memberships & Affiliations
We are a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), and have an affiliation with Ellesmere College UK, an agreement with Heng Shui Yizhong Education Group Sdn Bhd.
We invite dedicated and suitably qualified candidates who possess the following to join us as Head of International School:
• Evidence of leading a school successfully preferably overseas.
• Experience in operating International Primary and Secondary school. Excellent understanding of the National Curriculum for England would be an advantage although not a necessity.
• Managing the staffing of all academic lessons and advising the Campus Principal on staff requirements.
• Responsible for all Head of Departments, Subject Leaders and all academic areas (including the Libraries), overseeing the maintenance of high standards of teaching, learning and attainment.
• Responsible for the quality of teaching and learning and the standards of academic attainment.
• Overseeing target-setting and the tracking of students’ performance.
• Taking overall responsibility of the annual budgets of the academic departments, working closely with other Head of Departments.
• Having oversight of the academic timetable.
• Ensuring an academic development plan in place and fully implemented.
• Keeping abreast of changes in curriculum policy; advising the Campus Principal on the changes.
• Excellent understanding of assessment for learning (AfL) and its implementation, including the use of data to track student progress.
• Working closely with the Department Heads and other colleagues on the development of the school.
• Ability to mentor, coach and support teachers in raising the quality of learning and teaching across the school.
• Knowledge of the COBIS/CIS Accreditation process would be an advantage.
• Organizing the programme of parents’ meetings.
The Head of International School will lead the International Pre-school, Primary and Secondary team; and will be responsible for all matters pertaining to his/her school. The Head of International School will be responsible to the Campus Principal.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end.
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final candidates will be invited to attend a panel interview at the school prior to the final decision being taken.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Matrix Global Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to:
Ms. Tracy Sequerah – Email : email@example.com
Further information and other positions available on our website www.matrixschools.edu.my
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)