We are seeking an enthusiastic Head of Maths to join our ambitious, research-informed school in north Bristol.
Orchard is a good school, on an exciting trajectory to become the exceptional provision our community deserves.
We are looking for a Head of Maths to lead an outstanding team of practitioners who are committed to this aim. We want to challenge and stretch you, providing opportunities to develop your career in a school which values staff wellbeing.
We look to research and evidence-informed practice for our approaches. We don’t believe in fads – you won’t find ‘triple impact marking’ here or lollipop sticks! Instead, you’ll be part of a school and a Trust which takes the continuing professional development of staff very seriously, offering excellent CPLD and incremental coaching for all staff. Orchard School is the Bristol Chartered College of Teaching Hub for the area, we fund membership of the CCT for all teachers, and we engage in CPD across Bristol and nationally, encouraging all our leaders through their National Professional Qualifications. We want to support your development as a leader, so you can learn and grow with us.
We are building success on our core ORCHARD values of being: Open-minded, Respectful, Creative & Curious, Healthy, Ambitious, Responsible and Determined. Our students are wonderful – they value our staff, knowing that you make a real difference to their lives. The mission statement of the school, “inspire today, empower for life”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. We place no limits on our aspirations for our students.
We are a friendly school, serving a richly diverse community. Applicants who speak one or more community languages are warmly encouraged to apply.
- an experienced Maths teacher, who has already worked as a Head of Maths or Second in Maths or other leadership role within a maths team in a secondary setting
- passionate about mathematics, able to unpick misconceptions from basic numeracy right through to GCSE grade 9 and beyond; you recognise the importance of developing mastery at Key Stage 3 in order to raise achievement at GCSE
- an outstanding, innovative and creative classroom practitioner, with a drive to lead an inspirational curriculum and teaching team
- able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students in lessons and staff in your team
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- a coach, able to deliver CPLD across the school
- keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team of middle leaders
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development, including the NPQML/SL as appropriate
- the opportunity to build a curriculum area and establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
If what we are doing resonates with you, and you are keen to work with us, please do apply. We warmly welcome your application.
Fluency Duty The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
Orchard School Bristol
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Headteacher: Julia Hinchliffe
Orchard School Bristol is an ambitious, friendly and values-driven 11-16 school of 925 students and 110 staff. We are situated in north Bristol and serve a wonderfully diverse community.
We are an evidence-informed...