Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is a BSO accredited school seeking to strengthen its Middle Leadership team as it expands from a British international co-educational primary school to an all through 3-18 school.
The school welcomed the first Year 7 cohort in September 2020. The school’s recent move into a purpose-built, state-of-the-art building reflects the owners and senior leaders’ ambition to achieve excellence.
Gulf British Academy now requires a well-qualified and experienced teacher who is able to lead and manage the teaching of mathematics across the school in addition to making a significant contribution to the school’s Middle Leadership.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, dynamic and inspirational teacher of mathematics with a proven track record of outstanding teaching in Key Stage 3. A working knowledge of the primary mathematics curriculum would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us on our journey to outstanding as we strive to ensure that our pupils take their place in the 21st century global community.
In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
What you offer
Your passion for the subject is infectious and you will have the capacity to lead, manage and review high-quality teaching and learning strategies in the subject throughout the school.
You will also be a class teacher who can reflect upon their own practice with the aim of instilling confidence and independence into our pupils to encourage them to become enquiry based learners.
- Have at least 2 years teaching experience and strong academic credentials.
- Demonstrate an excellent track record of results at Key Stage 3.
- Be looking to have your first taste of or wish to enhance your Middle Leadership experience.
- Able to plan a well thought out curriculum which aims to raise attainment and love of the subject.
- Be able to take responsibility for all areas of learning, teaching, assessment and outcomes in mathematics across the school.
- Have high expectations of learning and achievement of all pupils.
- Be able to inspire commitment and enthusiasm from both pupils and teachers.
- Ensure the highest quality of curriculum provision, assessment and reporting.
- Ensure appropriate assessments and effective tracking of pupils’ progress in mathematics informs planning and raises attainment.
- Analyse pupil data on performance in mathematics, identify target groups, lead and manage intervention strategies.
- Able to participate in the delivery of CPD and support other colleagues.
- Ambitious in your career.
- Contribute to wider strategic academic matters within the school.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check.
- NPQML qualification and/or middle leadership experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with initiatives such as Philosophy for Children and Growth Mindset.
- Competent IT skills and experience in using GSuite for Education (Google Classroom, Gmail, Google apps, shared drives, etc).
How to apply
Email your application directly to: email@example.com
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application (highlighting your subject experience and any leadership experience)
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Thursday 25th February 2021. We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are positively encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Google Meet, Zoom, Skype) or telephone.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Gulf British Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2.5 - 13 years