Head of Mathematics
£25,714 – £41,604
TLR 1b £11,502
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a substantial leadership role within our high-performing Catholic college. We are looking for an outstanding practitioner to lead the Maths Faculty. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of raising attainment and supporting improvements in teaching and learning in maths.
De Lisle College is committed to offering exceptional working conditions, which include the following:
- An ethos of providing the very best knowledge-rich curriculum to all students, based on a collaborative approach to planning. Staff have access to high quality teaching resources, produced centrally by the Maths Faculty, to support planning and delivery, and to minimise workload.
- A mathematics curriculum centred around the philosophy of ‘Teaching for Mastery’ using the White Rose Maths secondary scheme of work.
- A centralised behaviour system and high quality pastoral care to ensure exemplary student behaviour.
- A classroom environment that allows teachers to teach, as the expert in the room, free from disruption.
- No ineffective and time-consuming routine marking of students’ work.
- No requirement to produce detailed written reports on student progress.
- Teachers have the independence to direct their energies into activities which maximise student outcomes.
- A comprehensive programme of CPD based on the most recent education research on effective classroom practice
- The opportunity to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 & 5, including Further Mathematics.
This post would be ideal for an ambitious colleague with some previous leadership experience who is looking for new challenges.
Closing date: Wednesday 24 February, 12 noon.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Required for: August 2021
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
A CES teaching staff application form and further details are available on the college website www.delisle.org.uk
De Lisle College: A Catholic Voluntary Academy, Thorpe Hill, Loughborough, Leicester LE11 4SQ
Tel: 01509 268739
De Lisle College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years