OLA is an independent, coeducational day school located just outside Oxford offering small class sizes, excellent academic results and a warm, friendly ethos in which to teach and develop your skills.
Our thriving Mathematics department requires a new colleague to join their team as soon as possible in this permanent, full-time role. We seek a well-qualified, enthusiastic teacher who is confident teaching the subject up to Further Mathematics A Level.
Applications are welcomed from NQTs and more experienced practitioners.
For further information please see the attached Application Pack.
The ideal candidate:
- A good degree in Mathematics or a related discipline
- Experience of teaching A Level and Further Mathematics
- Track record of motivating learners and raising achievement
- Team player who is flexible in outlook and attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient, friendly and approachable
- Understanding and supportive of the School's ethos
What we can offer:
- Free school lunches during term time
- Free on-site parking
- Support from senior colleagues
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- Use of school facilities, e.g. swimming pool
- A peaceful location on the edge of the city of Oxford
Abingdon-on-Thames is an historic, modern market town situated eight miles south of Oxford, with its world renowned reputation as a centre of academic excellence. The town has undergone recent development to upgrade the central shopping area providing a selection of restaurants, cafes and bars situated a just few minutes walk away from the river and gardens of Abbey Meadows. The town supports a mixed international community and has excellent bus links to Oxford, which is just a 15 minute ride away and provides a wealth of social and cultural opportunities.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via the TES website. Please complete the application form in full leaving no gaps in your employment history. In the interests of fair and safe recruiting we cannot accept CV applications.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews held accordingly. Interested parties are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please see the school website www.ola.org.uk for further details
Our Lady's Abingdon
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years