Start Date: September 2020
Contract Length: 2 years (renewable contract)
Eligible Candidates: Experienced
Student Level: Grades 7-13
The role of the Curriculum Leader is crucial in developing the ethos of achievement within the Curriculum Area, in harmony with the aims and ethos of the whole school. Curriculum Leaders are key to the success and development of the school, and the raising of student achievement.
Curriculum Leaders must ensure that targets for improvement in the Curriculum Area are set and met, through positive approaches to Curriculum development, the planning and preparation of schemes of work, the monitoring of learning and teaching across the Curriculum Area and the support and development of staff.
Curriculum Leaders form a vital part of the middle leadership team. Curriculum Leaders need to have a good knowledge of educational issues and are expected to keep up to date with, lead on and work in conjunction with the Section Head on improving pedagogy and practice where it is relevant to the Curriculum Area.
The aims of the post of Curriculum Leader are to:
· Promote the development of the Curriculum Area
· Ensure that learning is the core purpose of the Curriculum Area
· Foster high achievement and excellence within the Curriculum Area ensuring that students are encouraged and supported to aspire beyond their personal best
· Support the professional and personal development of staff
Teaching and Learning
· Ensure the effective monitoring of Teaching and Learning through the Performance management process.
· Monitor the regularity and quality of student feedback
· Observe and feedback to colleagues
· Monitor teaching and learning standards to encourage ..
• Greater critical thinking.
• More active participation in learning.
• Differentiation and individualized approaches.
• Lifelong learning and the acquisition of new skills
Tracking and Monitoring
· Ensure the timely collection of assessment and monitoring data.
· Monitoring progress of students through results analysis.
· Oversee the collation and analysis of relevant data to identify successes and areas for development.
· Identify Gifted and Talented students.
· Provide templates for staff to consistently monitor assessment and behaviour data.
· Monitor rewards and sanctions data and ensure a positive discipline approach within the department.
· Develop programmes of intervention to improve results.
· Develop innovative Curriculum approaches and ideas, such as project based learning.
· Develop effective and consistent assessment criteria for staff and students.
· Establish detailed scheme of work to match international standards of achievement and attainment.
· Encourage a collaborative approach within the department.
· Promote the participation in effective CPD aimed at improving teaching and learning.
· Share relevant research and resources aimed at supporting the development of departmental priorities.
· Provide support for staff to effectively manage behaviour.
Administration and Resources
· Manage all of the resources in the department, including books.
· Oversee the effective inventory of resources currently in use by the department.
· Provide opportunities for the sharing and creation of resources for collaborative use.
· Completing effective Self Evaluation of the Department.
Parents and Wider School
· Promote the Department during information and Parents’ Evenings.
· Meet with parents as necessary to address concerns arising from course content and academic performance.
· Communicate details and advice around examinations.
· Report positive and support negative behaviour.
· Organise enrichment visits and other events related to the department.
· Encourage Parents to support students to participate in school events.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education Required: Bachelor Degree in Mathematics or Mathematical Sciences. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Successful candidates will be dedicated, flexible and able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. They would be a Form Teacher and contribute to the school's extracurricular program.
· Able to attend a virtual skype interview or face to face interview if resident within the UAE
Remuneration and Benefits:
· Tax Free Salary paid monthly
· Two Year renewable contract
· Single furnished accommodation with utilities allowance
· Private Health insurance within the UAE
· Annual Flights
· Baggage allowance
· End of Contract gratuity based on 21 days per working year
· Visa costs
· 50% attestation of qualification costs
Facilities: Purpose built campus with school seeking to move to a new larger purpose built campus within the next few years.
Vacation: Public, National, Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays
Victoria English School (VES) was established in the Emirate of Sharjah in 1996 to meet the needs of parents looking for quality British International Education. VES is a very special and unique FS1-13 school preparing students for the challenges of a more competitive global world often in jobs that do not exist today. VES graduates can be found at the best universities around the world. VES was founded for students to excel academically and develop into well rounded global citizens and leaders.
Since its initial beginnings in 1996, the school has established itself as a leading provider of British education with a waiting list at most grade levels.
VES offers the National Curriculum of England & Wales (Edexcel), combined with the UAE National Curriculum in Arabic, Islamic Studies and Social Studies. The school seeks to uphold the UAE National Agenda and develop students who enjoy inquiry based learning and who are innovators. The school has constantly achieved excellent results at IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels.
In recent years, graduates from the school have been admitted to some of the world’s leading institutions of higher education both in the UAE, UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, and New Zealand.
VES is a member of the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME)
To know more about us please visit our website at : www.victoriaenglishschool.com