Head of Mathematics.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Sunderland. The school is looking to add a Head of Mathematics to their progressive and supportive Maths Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Mathematics at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“This post is suitable for an experienced teacher who is able to obtain the best outcomes for their pupils and is looking to take the step of leading a well-established department.
This is an important middle leadership role with the responsibility to work with the members of the department to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning. A commitment to excellence and the ability to enthuse, engage and motivate pupils and staff would make you an ideal candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a successful department with excellent facilities, a supportive wider Trust team and a committed Local Academy Board."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Mathematics Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Mathematics up to GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and departmental management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1418970 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1418970 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...