Head of Mathematics
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
Smart Teachers are currently recruiting for a Head of Mathematics for our highly-reputable independent client school located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. This school boasts academic and sporting excellence that is maintained year after year and is set in historic grounds. The role is to start in January 2018.
About the Role:
- Teaching Years 7-12 Mathematics, including Extension 1 and 2 courses
- Leading a large and experienced department of Maths teachers
- Full-time, Permanent contract
- Position to commence January 2018
- Pastoral Care duties as required
About the School:
- Convenient Eastern Suburbs location
- Team oriented and supportive community atmosphere
- Rich History evident in yearly traditions and architecture of buildings
- State-of-the-art facilities as per recent refurbishment program
- Wide range of academic and co-curricular opportunities
- Be a qualified and highly experienced secondary teacher of Mathematics, ideally with experience of leading a department
- Must have experience developing Mathematics programs, assessment material and oversee the implementation of these programs across Years 7-12
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a department as well as role model quality teaching, appropriate professional conduct and high level administration duties
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Have the ability to be registered with NSW NESA and hold a WWCC
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- Completely free service
- Gain access to exclusively listed positions
- Career mentoring, CV preparation and interview coaching
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
In order to apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference#WEB1708-520384SM or click the ‘APPLY’ link below.
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $100.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (Terms & Conditions Apply).
About Tes Australia
- Tes Australia
- Level 5, 501/83-97 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, Sydney
- New South Wales
We believe we play an essential role in one of the most important and rewarding challenges today; ensuring the next generation receives access to the very best teachers and educators schools can find. Since 2005 we have recruited over 130,000 teachers and educational leaders for hundreds of client schools across Australia and internationally.
Most of our team are former educators themselves and understand what it’s like to be part of a school community. That’s why we go the extra mile to get to know the teachers and support staff we work with to help them find the right job for them.
Our team in Sydney helps educators find jobs throughout New South Wales and the ACT in independent, Catholic and government primary and secondary schools.
If you’re an experienced leader or an educator looking to take the next step up, make sure to view our Executive Search jobs listings here.
With us, it’s easy
We go the extra mile for you, taking the hard work out of sifting and searching for jobs, by presenting you with roles in schools that match your ethos and values. Our thorough approach is entirely free for educators, and includes a range of career support services that will help you make a great impression from your application through to your interview.
When you work with us, we can help you:
• Find a role that matches your needs, values and ethos
• Gain valuable insights into schools you’re interested in, to help you make the right decision
• Create a professional and tailored CV
• Obtain all required references and vetting checks
• Prepare for a successful interview with personalised feedback and insights
How to get started with us
It’s simple! Either apply for one of our active jobs listed below, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive your CV a member of our team will be in touch to set up a quick informal online interview to get you started.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.