Head of Faculty - Maths
We are looking to appoint a Head of Faculty – Maths and member of the Extended Leadership Team. The purpose of the job will be to:
• To provide professional leadership and management for the faculty in order to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and attainment for all pupils.
All Saints Academy is a small school in the heart of Plymouth with 650 students on roll (full capacity). We value our staff and do this by having sensible policies and clear systems in place, such as:
• We do not expect staff to write endless feedback to students. We do not do WWW or EBI but instead have a fast whole class feedback approach and live marking.
• We do not expect you to set homework. This is already planned and set for you with our ‘Need to Know’ Booklets.
• You will not be expected to attend pointless meetings. We value CPD time and to that extent have weekly department and whole staff CPD.
• We do not grade lessons or have formal observations. Instead we invest in incremental coaching, where all staff have a trained coach to watch parts of a lesson and feedback. You will get more out of this than any formal observation or training course.
• We value our future leaders and, along with the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust, we invest in the talent development of our staff.
• Your lessons won’t be disrupted by poor behaviour as we have a place where students go if they can’t focus in your lesson.
• Lesson resources are prepared for you, using high quality schemes of learning developed by expert leaders across our school and the Trust. We use booklets in lessons for students to work in, fully resourced. You will be free to deliver these how you please, but there is no need or expectation to be planning every night of the week!
• We offer a staff attendance reward policy, where staff can claim vouchers.
• We have corporate membership to the Elfordleigh Hotel and use this for staff events/training. Staff can also access discounted membership rates for their spa and sports.
• Staff can access free health checks with Nuffield Health.
We wish to appoint an outstanding candidate for the role, who has an excellent track record for improving outcomes for children and a willingness to go the ‘extra mile’, such as offering extra curricular clubs for our students. We are part of the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust. If you’d like a tour of the Academy or an informal conversation with the Headteacher or Chief Executive Officer, please contact Katie Plant, Executive Assistant to the Headteacher on firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 25 February, 10am Interviews: TBC
Find out more on our website at www.asap.org.uk
All Saints Church of England Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years