HEAD OF MATHS
Salary: Main/Upper Scale & TLR 1C
Hours: Full Time
Required from: January 2018
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified candidate to join an enthusiastic, supportive and successful school as a leader of Maths. As a leader you will have responsibility for a department that brings learning to life by nurturing student’s numeracy and teaching them the skills to develop their mathematical thinking. You will encourage the students to become resourceful, innovative and enterprising as they solve real and relevant problems. The preferred candidate will:
• be aspiring to a middle leadership position or be an excellent leader with a track record of leading a team and motivating others.
• have responsibility for developing the Maths curriculum across both KS3 and KS4.
• be able to develop secure links with our KS2 feeder schools.
• be passionate about the subject.
• inspire the next generation of students to make significant progress in their learning.
At Warblington, we pride ourselves on our coaching ethos and our supportive team of professionals. As a new middle leader you will receive a full and appropriate induction programme and have access to a tailored CPD programme and ongoing professional development. If you think you could contribute to the team, please see our website below for an application form. Please note that we do not accept CV applications. Visits to the school are welcome – please contact Karen Chaffey on 02392 485151 www.warblington.hants.sch.uk
Closing date: Thursday 21st September 2017
Interview date: TBC
Warblington School, Southleigh Road, Havant, Hants PO9 2RR Tel: 023 9247 5480 Email: email@example.com