The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, energetic, enthusiastic and inspirational leader, with a real passion for maths, to take on the leadership responsibility of this thriving maths department.
The maths department at Worden have been a Mathematics Mastery partner school for two years and the Mastery Approach is currently taught throughout years 7 and 8. This approach will be rolled in to year 9 from September. The Worden maths department is committed to delivering quality teaching that develops a deep sustainable understanding of mathematics through the concrete pictorial, abstract approach.
This position would suit a teacher looking for their first teaching position as well as those already established in a teaching position looking for a new challenge. The successful applicant will work as part of a dedicated team to improve standards even further in this already thriving faculty. If you are a committed professional, enjoy a challenge and are passionate about raising standards and making a difference, you are the person we want working with us.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner
- Have a proven track record of success and raising pupil attainment
- Have the ability to inspire and enthuse others to achieve the highest possible standards
- Have an in depth knowledge of the maths curriculum both current and new
Worden is a comprehensive Converter Academy that has a proven track record of sustained improvement and growth. In February 2016 the school underwent a successful one day short inspection which highlighted the fact that Pupils leave the school with brighter prospects due to a passionate and driven leadership team working alongside teachers who care and meticulously plan for each unique cohort.
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualified teacher status or ability to work in secondary schools under the Wolf review recommendations (QTLS).
- Recent Inset in subject related issues.
- A relevant professionally recognised leadership qualification (e.g. NCSL LFTM, Leadership Pathways) or the willingness to undertake one.
- An effective teacher with a proven track record of raising attainment with experience in teaching all ability groups.
- Ability to share their experience to sustain a curriculum which is sensitive to the needs of all children.
- Involvement in whole school/departmental development and improvement. Experience and or knowledge of teaching Maths Mastery or a Mastery Approach.
For an informal discussion please contact: Headteacher - Mr C Catherall.