Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Head of Maths
You will provide highly effective leadership and management of the Maths Department to ensure continuous improvement including:
- To focus relentlessly on improving teaching, learning and assessment.
- To provide strategic leadership and management of department staff.
- To contribute to the teaching within the department which includes A Level Maths, Further Maths and GCSE
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
- Has experience of having a significant impact of improving student outcomes in GCSE and A Level Maths.
- Successful experience of initiating change in teaching and learning.
- Experience of successfully leading, managing and developing staff.
Sixth Form Colleges' Leadership Spine Point 20 £54,907
Start Date: 31st August 2021
Closing date for all completed application forms: Friday 16th April 2021 at 10.00 am
Interviews planned for: w/c 26th April 2021
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Luton Sixth Form College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
Luton Sixth Form College is a specialist Sixth Form College, providing academic and general vocational education for 16 to 18 year olds in Luton.
Established in September 1966, we are the oldest Sixth Form College in the country and have an enviable ...