Looking for a new challenge?
Join us on our unique journey!
Grove Academy is an exciting new school which opened in September 2017 providing seamless high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. The school will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including 6th form.
We are looking for an experienced teacher to join us as Maths lead for the secondary phase, who can communicate their passion for mathematics and inspire our pupils to be the best they can be.
The successful candidate will be someone who can lead a team to deliver an innovative curriculum. We are developing a Project Based Learning curriculum which is launched via ‘big questions’ to enable pupils, to place their learning within a real life context with concrete experiences. The effective teaching of Maths is central to this to ensure our pupils can use their skills in the real world. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with primary colleagues to develop a whole school approach to Maths.
We are looking for a leader of Maths who:
- is an innovative and passionate practitioner with high standards who leads by example
- is able to inspire, lead, develop and support effective teaching and learning practice for all pupils
- can monitor and analyse the performance of pupils and plan effectively for progress
What can we offer you?
- We want Grove Academy to be a great place to work, a place where you will feel valued for your hard work.
- A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in primary and secondary phases and enable you to develop your expertise and interests across all phases.
- As the school grows so will the leadership pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible.
Do you see this as a fantastic opportunity to help us create a fabulous curriculum? If so …. Grove Academy is the place for you!
We strongly recommend that you ring to discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email with your telephone number Andrea will ring you back. Your next job is an important step and we want to ensure we are the right place for you. We are currently in temporary accommodation in the centre of Slough whilst a new school is built in the west of the town. Please see the application pack for details of the exciting design for the new school.
For more information about the Grove vision go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
Closing date: 22nd April 2019
Interviews: Week beginning 22nd April
Grove Academy is the second school in the SASH Education Trust, which was set up by the Slough Association of Secondary Headteachers (SASH) as a vehicle for providing different choices for Slough families. As a result Grove has a unique, expert backing of professional colleagues and the support of our fellow trust school.
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application.
We hope to hear from you because this is going to be fun!
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough, SL3 7UX