Are you able to lead and inspire a team of talented mathematicians to ensure students of all levels engage in maths? Have you the ability to take a good department and make it excellent? If so, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, passionate and innovative Head of maths to join our happy and successful team.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a flair for innovation, and a drive and determination to enhance the provision on offer and improve outcomes for all our students. You will have a vision to empower students, to stretch and challenge as well a clear understanding of inclusion. This is an opportunity for an experienced teacher with a proven track record of success and the ability to lead others with direction, energy and sensitivity. You will be joining the school at an exciting time as we recently moved into a new school building in January 2021.
The successful candidate will be looking to join a good school (Ofsted 2018) and one that:
- Is rapidly improving and offers career development and leadership opportunities
- Gives responsibility to its staff and allows them to use their initiative and flourish accordingly
- Has an open-door policy and culture of sharing
- Provides access to our multi-academy trust and the opportunities that brings
- Has a young and vibrant staff team
- Operates a shorter academic year than most including a two-week autumn half-term
For further information and an application form please visit our website https://www.matthewarnold.surrey.sch.uk/1070/current-vacancies
The Matthew Arnold School may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The Matthew Arnold School is committed to safeguarding and successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Matthew Arnold School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years