The Head of Middle and Senior Schools (MSS) is responsible for the strategic development and effective operations of the MSS, the teaching and learning outcomes of the MSS students and the professional development of members of the MSS staff.
More specifically, the Head of MSS is required to:
- Oversee the academic, pastoral and tertiary pathway outcomes of the MSS students.
- Ensure the principles of Visible Learning drive pedagogical practice.
- Lead a team of highly motivated teachers in the design, delivery and review of a high quality Australian (International) schooling experience for students in Year 6 to Year 12.
- Lead the development, appraisal and management of academic and non-academic personnel in the MSS.
- Supervise, appraise and support MSS Middle Leaders in their roles within the School.
- Play a key role in school marketing and student recruitment, admission and retention.
- Contribute to high-level strategic planning, continuous school improvement and service delivery initiatives to ensure AISM continues to develop its reputation as a high-quality provider of education to a diverse multicultural student population.
- Oversee processes to ensure effective and timely parent communication and relationship building with current and prospective parents in Middle AND separately Senior School.
- Ensure full school compliance with NESA as a provider of the Australian Curriculum and the NSW HSC.
- Plan and coordinate Assemblies and major school events.
- Ensure ongoing Visible Learning and CIS accreditation.
- Further develop and implement the integration of information and communication technologies for the enhancement of teaching and learning outcomes.
- Be an active and supportive member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Effectively manage a school budget and undertake other tasks as directed by the Principal.
Behaviour Expectations (Values and Leadership)
- ”See the big picture”, think ahead and meet goals that are aligned to the values, purpose, mission and strategic priorities of AISM.
- Plan, prioritise and organise work effectively within agreed timelines.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent understanding of the Australian and NESA Curriculum and the approaches to design and monitoring of such curriculum.
- Understanding of the principles of Visible Learning and Mindfulness
- Strong understanding of learning technologies
- Excellent strategic problem solving skills to overcome obstacles.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Highly Desirable Experience
- As a Principal, Deputy Principal or Head of School in a Middle and/or Senior School
- Working knowledge, understanding and experience in the implementation of the principles of Visible Learning (Research by Professor John Hattie).
- Eligibility for Teacher registration from home country and relevant police clearance(s) to work with children are essential.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Education is essential.
- Master Degree or significant postgraduate qualifications or significant and relevant professional experiences are highly desirable.
Australian International School Malaysia (AISM)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School