Head Of Music (with Creative Arts) - MPS/UPS - Full Time
Applications are welcome for the position of Head of Music (with creative arts) at Pleckgate High School. This is a special opportunity for an outstanding, ambitious and dynamic leader to join an outstanding school. You will play a vital role in developing the department to deliver an outstanding curriculum for all students. Pleckgate High School is a thriving multi-cultural community that places the best interests of young people at the heart of everything we do.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement.
Music is delivered throughout the curriculum at KS3 along with an offer at KS4 that we would like to grow. A key priority for the successful applicant will be to design a new Music curriculum across both key stages that enthuses and engages students and also incorporates drama through the Music curriculum. The department has dedicated classrooms, access to performance stages, instruments and a senior leadership team who is committed to the subject continuing to grow, as a vibrant part of the school community.
The role would suit an existing middle leader looking to play a leading role in a new context.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A Music specialist with a passion across the creative arts
- An outstanding musician with excellent performing and directing skills.
- Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
- Able to think strategically and creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in the technology and information curriculum
- Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
- Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
- A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes.
- Committed to their own professional development
We can offer you:
- A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn
- Support from a dedicated and experienced leadership team
- A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities
- An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook
- A well-resourced modern school building, opened in 2011
- Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff
For any further information about this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Wednesday 3 March 2021 09:00
Interview date TBC
The Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding its children; therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant(s). The Trust (and its schools) are legally obligated to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section or alternative ways to apply, please contact the recruitment team on email@example.com
Pleckgate High School
Blackburn with Darwen
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years