Head of Oak Hill School
Salary: Outer London Leadership Scale L12 - L17
Required for January 2018
AP Barnet is a new Multi Academy Trust which provides education to young people who are unable to attend mainstream placements for a number of reasons. The trust is in an infancy stage at present and currently oversees one school but is in the planning stage to be joined by two additional alternative provisions, The Pavilion and Northgate School, in the near future – a mixture of primary and secondary. The trust has a clear vision for the future, which will enable all young people to achieve success and positive pathways for the future.
The aims of AP Barnet are very clear:
- Building personalised pathways to positive futures.
- Exceptional student outcomes as a consequence of excellent provision and high levels of aspiration.
- Meeting the aspirations and ambitions of a diverse and dynamic community.
- Same high quality learning opportunities, teaching and facilities for all, whilst rigorously tailoring learning to meet the distinctive needs of different groups of students.
- Distinctive career guidance and opportunities resulting in sustained post 16 destinations.
- More young people and families positioned to have successful and fulfilling professional, social and personal lives.
The Trust values the individual ethos and traditions of each provision and does not aim to impose uniformity although high expectations and standards in behaviour and learning are at the core of all.
The Trust believes that school-to-school support, sharing good practice, is the best way to improve
The Trust has a commitment to inclusion and support for local schools and provides training and professional development opportunities for all.
AP Barnet provides alternative provision across Barnet and beyond for young people unable to remain in mainstream education for a wide range of reasons, predominantly social, emotional and mental health challenges.
The vision of AP Barnet:
- A community of schools who, together, empower young people to transform direction, engage in education and succeed.
How does AP Barnet achieve the Heart of the Vision?
AP Barnet offers:
- An appropriate curriculum with vocational and academic options.
- Personalised teaching with activities designed to improve learning skills and emotional and social development.
- Appropriate progression pathways for all.
- AP Barnet gives each individual a positive attitude to life.
- Students feel valued, respected, understood with a sense of self worth and esteem.
- Students are inspired to feel a valued part of the community.
Oak Hill School
Oak Hill School is the first school within the Multi Academy Trust of AP Barnet with The Pavilion and Northgate planning to join the MAT in the near future. Oak Hill School provides an innovative and progressive education for up to 40 young people aged between Year 6 and Year 11 with complex social, emotional and mental health needs.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience of senior management in either a special or mainstream education setting, as we are just as keen to encourage applications from candidates with a mainstream background as those with special school experience.
They will be supported in post by:
- Two highly successful alternative provisions in Barnet.
- A Trust with successful experience of leading provision for children with complex needs.
- An experienced executive principal.
- Local successful school partners.
- An encouraging local authority.
Further details and an application pack may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8361 4639.
Closing date: 17 November 2017.
Interviews to be held on 21 and 22 November 2017.
AP Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants.