DULWICH COLLEGE SEOUL
Dulwich College Seoul is a flourishing, high-performing school offering teachers a fantastic opportunity to work in a purpose built and well-resourced school in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. In partnership with Dulwich College London and its sister schools in China, Singapore and Myanmar, Dulwich College Seoul upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the U.K. and Asia.
The College is currently at its license capacity of 700 students operating three-form entry from Foundation Stage to Year 9 and two-form entry in Years 10-13. We offer an IGCSE programme in Years 10/11 and the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12/13 though the College welcomes applications from great teachers, no matter their curriculum experience.
POST & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Role Head of Outdoor Education
School Section Whole College
Contract Three year, from August 1st 2021
Responsible to Head of College, Heads of School
Responsible for All students as allocated, both academically and pastorally
Applications are invited from outstanding and experienced practitioners who are passionate about Outdoor Education. Responsibilities include:
- Championing outdoor and adventure education across the College;
- Management of DCSL Adventure, a progressive and sustainable Whole College programme of outdoor and adventure education;
- Liaise with Heads of Department and Year Leads to integrate Adventure Learning Framework (ALF) objectives into cross-curricular provision;
- Educational Visits Coordinator; providing guidance, training and support for leaders in all aspects of planning and organizing off-site visits;
- Develop and manage a menu of adventurous co-curricular opportunities;
- Deliver educational visits training to Visit Leads and accompanying staff;
- Promote adventurous agenda through media and marketing channels.
- Undergraduate Degree in Outdoor Education or related field.
- Ideally a portfolio of NGB awards across water, land and mountain-based disciplines, including wilderness first aid responder.
- Postgraduate Degree in Education preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience creating and delivering outdoor education programmes from KS1 to KS5, preferably within schools.
- Experience leading international and wilderness-based expeditions and residential programmes.
- Extensive experience implementing risk management and safeguarding systems and procedures.
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on ensuring every student achieves his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit and enhance the very best practitioners in education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers.
A Worldwise Teacher believes in:
- Responsive teaching that creates personalised learning and student mastery.
- The strength of diversity and the power of empathy.
- Positive and constructive communication to foster purposeful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Nurturing professional collaboration to develop both individual practice and learning across the school community.
- Embracing the opportunities provided by working in an international context and being open-minded to different people’s perspectives. • Schools being dynamic environments that require cognitive flexibility.
- Modelling lifelong learning through regular engagement with professional learning activities that inform and develop best practice.
- Seeking honest, open, professional dialogue to support reflective practice.
- Embracing and promoting the ethos, policies and practices in the school.
- Modelling a positive commitment to the wider life of the school by fully engaging in its service learning and ECA programmes.
A Worldwise Teacher has the skills to:
- Appreciate the international context of our students and demonstrate respect for diverse languages and intercultural competencies.
- Ensure teaching is grounded in positive student relationships and promotes active learning.
- Enthusiastically empower agency so students have voice, choice and autonomy in the learning process.
- Inspire learning by providing an engaging learning environment aligned to students’ needs and interests.
- Remain flexible and responsive to the personalised needs of each student.
- Accelerate student progress with focussed, personalised and effective feedback.
- Ensure teaching draws on a variety of resources and technology to meet student needs.
- Promote school-wide wellbeing, safeguarding, health and safety.
- Model the positive values and behaviours of the Dulwich College International community.
HOW TO APPLY
Successful candidates will be working in an environment with small class sizes and motivated students, having access to excellent resources, facilities and colleagues. Teachers receive an attractive salary (at generous tax rates) and a fully competitive overseas benefits package, including flight allowance, accommodation, living allowance, freight allowance, comprehensive health coverage and tuition for up to two children at the school.
To apply, go to https://www.dulwich.org/careers and lodge your application on-line by 5 March 2021.
For further details about Dulwich College Seoul, visit the school’s website at https://seoul.dulwich.org/ or explore the school’s Facebook page. Interviews will take place by Zoom or in Korea. Early applications are encouraged. The College reserves the right to make appointments prior to the application deadline.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Dulwich College Seoul
Korea, Republic of
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Dulwich College Seoul opened its innovatively designed building in September 2010 and boasts state-of-the-art educational facilities in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. The College has expanded to become a through school offering place...