Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional with the ability to teach PDHPE at all levels to lead this Department.
The Head of PDHPE leads the delivery of education in the department across P-12. They support the strategic directions of Kambala through the delivery of effective teaching and learning programs, fostering an inclusive and challenging learning environment and engaging with the school community within and beyond the classroom. An essential part of the role is to work in collaboration with the Director of Sport and Director of Students to deliver the Sport and SHINE strategy.
The position is a full-time position commencing in Term 1, 2020.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and lead an effective department and team.
- Ensure and lead a process where all courses have appropriate programs and scaffolding that are designed to meet the needs of the students and NESA requirements.
- Leading the development and ongoing evaluation of curriculum within the relevant subject area.
- Leading and supporting the integration of learning technology into pedagogy and curriculum within the Department.
- Mentoring teaching staff within the Department.
- Providing professional support for Departmental staff members engaged in teacher accreditation process.
- Leading a Departmental annual review of analysis of HSC, NAPLAN and internal assessment results.
- Applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage.
- Using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students.
- Understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning.
- Using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning.
- Participate in the pastoral care program and other co-curricular activities.
- Establishing safe and supportive learning environments.
- Managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is passionate about the teaching of PDHPE;
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results;
- possesses a strong academic record;
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning, and sound specialist knowledge and understanding of curriculum;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- has proven planning, coordination, time management and organisational skills;
- is cognisant of relevant research relating to education with specific attention to PDHPE pedagogy;
- can demonstrate an understanding of the application of data to improve student outcomes;
- is fully conversant with ICT as it relates specifically to the classroom and curriculum requirements;
- has a thorough understanding of current trends specifically as it relates to curriculum and pedagogy;
- has excellent communication skills;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- is an exceptional classroom practitioner;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 08 September 2019