HEAD OF PE (specialist in Girls provision)
Ark MPS (Inner London + 2.5%) TLR 2B
Walworth Academy is a thriving school in the heart of central London. We serve a vibrant, diverse community in Zone 2, with excellent access to all the city has to offer for students and staff alike.
We seek a motivated leader to inspire and develop PE provision within our successful school. With dedicated leadership support from a successful creative team in school, and access to cutting-edge expertise and development through the wider network, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to develop PE practice at Walworth Academy. Our location in central London makes access to enrichment opportunities easy, and our on-site facilities provide an exceptional platform for enriching the experience of our students. We welcome applications from suitably experienced candidates looking to develop PE provision across the age ranges in our successful Secondary and Sixth Form, both within the curriculum and through enrichment.
Our staff are:
· Committed, enthusiastic practitioners seeking to support excellent progress for our students
· Educators who aspire to the highest standards of behaviour, academic success, and wellbeing for all in our community
· Resilient, reflective and thoughtful professionals, seeking to develop themselves with us
In return, we offer:
· An externally recognised progression route with the support of a nationally recognised network.
· Dedicated Network Leads for subjects and areas, providing cutting edge training and development opportunities
· A fully accessible, well resourced, multi-million pound building in which to practice
· A school community with a genuine family ethos, investing in staff wellbeing with sports and events
· Varied routes into teaching and industry-recognised professional qualifications (ATT, PGCE, TeachFirst, NowTeach, NPQML, NPQSL, BA and Masters programmes)
· A comprehensive support and induction programme for all staff including accommodation in zone 2 available for NQTs and trainees.
· A dedicated Employee Assistance and benefits package from Ark
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found on our website: www.walworthacademy.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The closing date for receipt of applications is:
9am on Monday 15th October
Proposed Interviews are planned for:
Wednesday 17th October
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check