Head of Physics
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, creative and well-qualified Science teacher to join our growing Science department and take a lead in overseeing Biology across all three key stages. The candidate will work closely with the senior team and other science teachers to develop a creative curriculum built on ‘bringing out the best in boys’.
In particular, candidates should:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have the ability to lead science teachers across the department
- Be able to manage and develop programmes of study and curriculum plans for Physics in KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
- Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in Physics
- Have an ability to engage and motivate boys
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
- Have the capacity to contribute to the development of the School’s Christian ethos
In our strive to achieve excellence we have an extended day (5pm Monday - Thursday and 3.20pm on Fridays) which allows the boys to take part in a comprehensive enrichment programme as well as one sports afternoon per week. In light of this the school benefits from 18 additional days holiday.
What is the school like?
The Fulham Boys School is a new 11-18 Church of England Boys School currently with five year groups, the school will grow each year as a new cohort join to reach full capacity in 2020. In September 2019 the school will have boys in year 7-12. The school is geared towards Boys, built upon Christian principles and nurtures Enterprise.
We are a strict academic boys’ school that aims to equip our young men to apply for Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities.
We have a truly comprehensive intake which includes boys from very affluent backgrounds rubbing shoulders with boys from economically deprived backgrounds. All meeting the same high standards and learning from one another. Our vision is to be among the very best schools in this country – state or private – and believe we are on course to achieve this in the next ten years. This is confirmed by our long waiting list of boys trying to get into FBS, the Department for Education, our Ofsted report in May 2017 and local community feedback.
The school is on a temporary site in West Kensington with good facilities and excellent transport links before moving to a purpose built school on the Fulham road in 2020.
‘The headteacher has created a school which aims to achieve academic and personal excellence for all’
‘Academic progress is strong, boys are on track to achieve well at GCSE’
‘Behaviour in lessons is exemplary…the behaviour of pupils is outstanding…Boys live and breathe good manners and courtesy’
‘Staff are very proud to work at the school and are fully committed to the aspirational ethos. They recognize the strong support from senior leaders in the development of their teaching and in recognition of their personal well-being’
‘Staff engage with ways to improve their practice, there is a culture of collaboration and staff are keen to receive feedback: ‘There is an extensive coaching programme and staff collaborate to share best practice.’
The Department for Education have said,
‘The boys love learning and speak highly of teaching’
‘Morale is high and the school is thriving’
While the Local Community observed,
‘The school has delivered on the big claims they made before the school opened’
Why apply to The Fulham Boys School?
- To play an integral role in a new school determined to be one of the best in this country – state or private - within the next ten years
- To work in a school that despite having no external exam results, and is only five years old, was the first independent Free School under the new framework to be Judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted with outstanding features
- We also have a strong CPD programme and believe in seeking out and providing opportunities to further staff
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to get an annual bonus
- A first class staff benefit package
- 18 extra days school holidays
- Free school lunches every day freshly prepared by our school chef
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great connections to all London tube-lines and overground routes
How to apply:
Further information and application forms are available on our school website www.fulhamboysschool.org
Application forms should be sent to Recruitment at The Fulham Boys School, Mund Street, Gibbs Green, London W14 9LY or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Covering letters should be in a font size no less than 11 and no longer than 2 A4 sides.
If you would like a confidential discussion with our Headmaster or to arrange a visit to the school please call the school on 0207 381 7100.
Application deadline: Monday 25th February 9am
The successful candidates will be supportive of the School’s distinctly Christian ethos
The Fulham Boys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.