When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
An outstanding school in Dubai, GEMS Wellington International School offers exceptional learning opportunities for students aged 3 to 18. Following the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum in The Early Years, the National Curriculum for England to Year 11 and the International Baccalaureate at Years 12 and 13, our dynamic school environment combined with the extensive range of experiences offered enables students to succeed and to aspire at every stage of their learning journey. The entire school community, a truly international one, is passionate and committed to ensuring all are recognised and celebrated for their individual strengths, enabled as lifelong learners and nurtured as future leaders.
About the Role:
We are looking for a committed and dynamic head of department to join the Physics department at GEMS Wellington International School, Dubai from September 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader or an experienced Physics teacher looking for the next step in their career. You should be somebody who is looking to join a global leading company and a world-class international school.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
Successful applicants will have:
- A certified teaching qualification with exceptional subject knowledge
- Experience teaching GCSE and A-Level or equivalent
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Significant experience of the National Curriculum for England
- To be considered for this post you must hold a B.Ed. or a Bachelor’s in a relevant subject alongside a PGCE / PGDE or equivalent.
- The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
GEMS Wellington International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
GEMS Wellington International School, a mixed private school for children aged 3-18, is situated in the Al Sufouh area of Dubai and is owned and run by GEMS Education. Student numbers are over 2,800, around half of whom are British.
The school was es...