Head of Physics
Are you a dynamic and ambitious physicist looking to lead a successful department? Are you looking for a school with outstanding CPD and development opportunities to support you in taking the next step in your career?
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- purpose built and well-resourced Science Labs with dedicated technician support;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Science Department and Kennet School please view the attachments directly below this advert:
‘What we believe – A letter from our Headteacher’
‘Kennet School Benefits’ (Currently Applicant Info Pack)
Letter from the Head of Science
We would like you to be:
- experienced in teaching Physics up to A Level;
- an aspiring Head of Science who is ambitious for further career development;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
• Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Friday, 26 April and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date Monday, 29 April.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.