We are currently looking for an inspirational Head of Primary with clear, strategic vision and the ability to motivate and inspire students, staff and parents. This is a great opportunity for an existing head to join and lead a superb staff, who are committed to the continuous improvement of the school.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
At GIS, we know that every student requires more than academic ability to succeed in today’s global economy, and with that in mind, we offer an incredible pastoral support system, an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and strongly adhere to a skills-based approach to learning that supports and underpins our success in meeting the rigorous academic requirements of International GCSEs and A-Levels.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Key leadership responsibilities
- Lead the Primary Leadership Team in developing improvement plans that incorporate key whole school priorities
- To ensure an appropriate range of curriculum options exist through the design of the timetable to meet the needs of GIS students and our Student Vision
- To implement systems to monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning in the Primary school
- Provide overall leadership to all Primary staff, developing a culture of engagement and involvement as part of the school community
- Strengthen the GIS brand to ensure GIS retains its market position through Open Days
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum a first degree and teaching qualification
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Primary curriculum
- Strong leadership skills with excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Previous senior leadership experience
- The ability to develop a clear vision for the future and to inspire and challenge both staff and students to achieve this vision
- Evidence of leading Continuing Professional Development activities for teaching & non-teaching staff
For further information, please see our website at www.gardenschool.edu.my.
Please review the booklet ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to the closing date. Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is Saturday 20th October 2018.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).