Head of Primary School
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Primary to offer leadership of learning, manage the day-to-day operation of the Primary School, play a major role in our strategic planning and work effectively as a member of the Leadership Team.
Park House English School has been providing an outstanding education to families in Doha for over 25 years. We are one of the oldest and most respected schools in Qatar with extensive waiting lists. Our thriving student population is aged between 3 and 18 years old and is made up of over 70 different nationalities; we are a truly international school. In primary, we follow the national curriculum for England, together with the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In secondary the curriculum progresses to IGCSE and A Level qualifications. Our pupils are taught by our strong team of committed and experienced teachers, who receive competitive salaries and benefits including excellent standards of accommodation. We are very proud of our pupils who achieve amongst the highest results in the country in the GCSE and A-Level examinations. Our pupils also excel in sport and have a rapidly developing performing arts provision. Located in a purpose built campus in Doha, our school is benefitting from being a part of the U.K. based International Schools Partnership Group.
Our current Head of Primary will leave after four very successful years. However, the foundations that have been put in place are strong enough to ensure future progress can continue to be made and the learning children experience can go from strength to strength. Therefore, our new Head of Primary School will be joining us at an exciting time in our development. With the support of ISP, we have made significant investments in infrastructure and technology and we are now looking for a candidate who will take the school to the next level.
Our Head of Primary will:
- support and implement the School’s Vision & Mission and School Improvement Plan with clarity and commitment;
- be able to drive excellence in teaching and learning throughout the primary years. You will place great value on students and staff and will be focussed on the development of your team. You will have extensive experience of leading and managing high performing teams in education, ensuring appropriate levels of accountability. Providing amazing learning experiences for all students will be at the top of your agenda and you will have a thirst for keeping up to date with current U.K. research based pedagogical thinking;
- be able to implement change inclusively and effectively, providing strong curriculum leadership and ensuring there is a high commitment to academic progress and the well-being of all students;
- develop assessment to ensure that every student makes excellent levels of progress, ensuring this is reflected in robust internal data and internationally benchmarked tests;
- create a culture where collaborative, progressive learning is highly valued amongst staff and students;
- be engaging, possess excellent communication skills and have strong emotional intelligence.
Information on Park House English School can be found on our website (currently being redeveloped) www.parkhouseschool.com or our social media pages.
This is a full time vacancy with a start date in August 2020. Salary and benefits will be competitive.
A Letter of Application and Curriculum Vitae addressed to the Principal should be sent to Kate Blomfield, Executive Assistant to the Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org). You should also include the details of three professional referees.
Park House English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced criminal record check.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 9th January 2020.
First stage interviews will be conducted by Skype, telephone or in the U.K. and there will be a final selection event at the school.