Hours: 36 hours per week, throughout the year (Applicants wanting to work part time and flexibly are welcomed)
Location: Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS
What makes working at OHC&AT uniquely rewarding is that we are a family of College centres and schools, fully representative of all designations of special education needs and disabilities and we are all passionately committed about putting the students and their individual outcomes at the heart of everything we do. We currently have 4 regional hubs - North West London/Slough, South West London, Sutton and Croydon and Surrey & Sussex.
For children and young people, especially those with special educational needs or who experience other barriers to learning, our world can present many challenges. All young people deserve to leave education confident that they have developed the skills they need to achieve their ambitions, with meaningful education, work and life experiences to draw on. This is the confidence that we aim to deliver.
We are steadily extending the reach of our provision within our local communities from primary through secondary to further education, smoothing transitions and giving pupils and students the benefit of expertise generated from our collegiate approach to knowledge-sharing amongst our staff. All of this is underpinned by a suite of shared services whose expert staff work closely with students and staff in each school/College centre and with affiliates and commissioning organisations to improve educational and operational quality at every level to benefit our students.
We are looking for a Head of Procurement to oversee the procurement strategy for OHC&AT ensuring compliance and value for money is achieved across the group. To lead on the development, implementation and maintenance of procurement policies and procedures to support efficient delivery and value for money and ensure legislative compliance across the organisation. This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Procurement team and undertake some of the administrative/remedial tasks, as appropriate, to achieve the timely delivery of objectives.
The right person for this role will:
- Have MCIPS qualification and be able to demonstrate relevant recent experience
- Have experience of leading and managing a procurement strategy
- Have a good understanding of working in the education sector (ideal by not essential)
- Be analytical and commercially driven
- Be committed to achieving value for money and high efficiencies
- Have excellent communication skills and be adaptable to a changing work environment
We can offer you:
- Competitive pension scheme (LGPS)
- 40 days annual leave (to be taken in the school holidays)
- A supportive team
- Perkbox benefits package offering numerous discounts across stores, gyms, supermarket discounts, as well as supporting staff with their financial, physical and emotional well-being
To apply for this role, please download an application form. Once complete, please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 11pm on Sunday 17th January 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 26th January 2021
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Orchard Hill College Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Orchard Hill College Academy Trust
- English sen schools & colleges