We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Head of Psychology and Sociology. The Crypt School is an exciting and vibrant environment in which to teach and to learn, and our commitment to developing staff has been recognised by an Investors in People Gold award. The Crypt School is a friendly and welcoming place to teach in. We benefit from a supportive culture and a keen and enthusiastic pupil body. All staff contribute to the wider life of the School and we particularly welcome applications from colleagues who want to make a real difference to our school and the lives of the pupils who attend.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher of Psychology/Sociology
• Be experienced in raising attainment
• Have proven experience of working successfully with A Level students
• Be committed to School’s ethos of high expectations and the belief that every child can succeed
The School educates pupils from 11-18 years, and has an outstanding and growing sixth form. A Level Psychology is a long established subject at The Crypt, and the intention is that the successful candidate will introduce A Level Sociology for September 2019.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for :
• Full classroom teaching responsibilities of Psychology/Sociology at KS5
• Responsibility for the pastoral wellbeing of a Form Group
• Support from Senior Management and CPD opportunities through which to develop their potential
• Opportunity to become involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
The successful candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including: eligibility to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS disclosure and full references including one from your most recent employer. The Crypt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from colleagues who enjoy working both independently and as part of a team and who seek to contribute actively to the promotion of achievement and enrichment activities throughout the School. Ultimately, we are seeking teachers who will enthuse pupils in this over-subscribed selective school.
School information, further details of the post and application forms are available at: www.cryptschool.org Please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 28th January at midday – interviews will be held on Thursday, 31st January, 2019.