Newlands is a successful and over-subscribed girls’ 11-18 comprehensive school with a strong reputation for academic achievement. During our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2018) we were graded as Outstanding.
Our excellent GCSE results put us consistently in the top 10% of schools nationwide. We also have an outstanding success rate at A-Level, with an ALPS score of 3.
The Psychology Department is committed to fostering students’ natural curiosity as to why humans behave and think as they do. Psychology is a very popular A-Level subject at Newlands, with many students going on to read it at university. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with vision and energy to take on the leadership of a department, which is highly valued by our school community.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding practitioner committed to high achievement for all
- A leader who can both challenge and support
- Someone with exciting ideas to build on good practice
We can offer you:
- A school where colleagues are supportive and pupils highly motivated
- A dedicated department with a high level of expertise
- A school where behaviour is excellent and discipline strong
Further details of the post and application form are available on our website or from Mrs Bateson, the Headteacher’s P.A. Letters of application and completed forms should be sent to Dr L.V. Ceska, Headteacher.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th January 2021.
We reserve the right to close the application early should we receive an overwhelming response.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Newlands Girls School
Windsor and Maidenhead
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years