Start date: January or Easter 2018
Salary: TLR 2A
Closing date: Monday 20th November, 2017 at 10:00am
Pimlico Academy, part of Future Academies, seeks an experienced, inspirational teacher with the vision and talent to join our Social Science department and assist with the overall development of RE and Philosophy and explore further expansion of these subjects. The Social Science department is a collaborative and experienced team. Results at both GCSE and A Level are very strong and the department are passionate about teaching the subjects to the highest possible standard. You will be joining a well-established network with a strong history of success. We are looking for someone who can fuse their own ideas, strategies and beliefs with ours in order to create the next level of development. An ability to offer one of the following will be advantageous (Sociology, Psychology or Politics).
At Pimlico Academy we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students. It is a dynamic and demanding school and one where students and staff are exceptionally well supported.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Lead and manage RE and Philosophy securing outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
• Teach across the full ability range.
• Create a happy, dynamic, innovative culture in the department and ensure all staff are performing to an outstanding standard and are happy and motivated in doing so.
• Provide a range of extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
• Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and Academy as a whole.
The right person for the job will be:
• Passionate about RE and Philosophy and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
• Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment.
• Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
• An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular ativities.
We can offer you:
• A supportive, cohesive and very purposeful environment.
• The opportunity to work within an innovative and ambitious family of schools.
• The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and hardworking pupils.
• High quality facilities with excellent resources.
• Excellent CPD.
• A location easily accessible by train, tube and bus.
To apply, please download the information, or visit our website on www.pimlicoacademy.org.
Please send the completed application form and supporting letter to email@example.com
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.