Required for 1st March 2018 (negotiable for the right candidate)
Head of Recruitment and Communication
Move to Manchester – or a National Park. Here you have both on your doorstop.
Salary £30,000 - £34,500 Full time (37.5 hours per week) and full year
Manchester Nexus, a designated School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider (SCITT) is seeking a Head of Recruitment and Communications who will lead and manage our recruitment of secondary and primary trainees from the point of initial interest to the commencement of training, with informed confidence and commitment, in one of our partnership schools across the North Manchester area and into Kirklees and West Yorkshire.
You will join the SCITT’s senior leadership team, and work alongside the Course Leader, accountable to the SCITT Director, and supported by a dedicated full-time administrator.
We are looking for someone who is committed to our mission to develop outstanding teachers through the very best, personalised school-based training, cutting-edge central professional training, high quality subject knowledge enhancement, a Postgraduate Certificate in Education through our partner Liverpool Hope University, and wide opportunities for enrichment across our partnership. You will be proactive, a highly organised self-manager, able to communicate with a range of audiences, a committed team member and able to take the lead in your area. Previous experience in an educational setting is not essential; what we are looking for is a commitment to the purpose of the SCITT, and to the future life chances of young people through ensuring the best teachers.
· A location with a wide range of affordable housing that is within 30 minutes of Manchester city centre, 40 minutes from Leeds, and 20 minutes away from an area of outstanding natural beauty
· The opportunity to work within a dynamic leadership team which operates out of an outstanding school which is fully committed to teacher development and provides every possible support for the work of the SCITT
· Agile working: this post requires some evening and occasional Saturday commitments. The corollary is that you have a lot of control over the way you work, in a way that supports your well-being
· A progressive approach to professional development based on the 70:20:10 model of experiential, social and formal learning
· A comprehensive annual leave entitlement of 25 days pa plus bank holidays, rising to 28 days pa in 5th year of service
· A generous final salary pension scheme including 20% employer contribution
· Access to childcare vouchers
· An Employee Assistance Programme which gives staff confidential support and personalised information and resources
Closing date for applications: Thursday 21st December 2017: 9.30am
Interviews will be held: 4th and 5th January 2018.
Full details and application forms for this post are available from the website.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Applications by post should be marked ‘SCITT Head of Marketing & Communication’ and should be returned to:
Mrs H Johnson, Admin/HR Manager, The Blue Coat School, Egerton Street, Oldham, OL1 3SQ.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure correct postage.
Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 0161 785 5071
Cranmer Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Manchester Nexus and The Blue Coat School is proud to be part of the Cranmer Education Trust