Head of School
We are looking for candidates who have energy, experience and commitment to help us develop our school so that it will soon be recognised as good and moving towards outstanding. If you think you have the skills, values and experience to be a key player in achieving this, we hope you will apply.
The successful candidate will have a strong record of leadership and management working with students with SEMH. You will work with and report to the Executive Headteacher.
Homewood College – A different kind of learning
Homewood is a maintained special school in Brighton catering for students aged 11-16 who have social, emotional, mental health and other complex needs. The school is part of Central Hub Brighton which comprises the school and a PRU based on 3 sites.
We wish to appoint a Head of School who will work alongside the Executive Headteacher to lead and manage the school in a strong and positive way. You will build on the strengths and ensure the successful implementation of change to move the school to Ofsted ‘good’ and beyond. You will be an experienced and inspirational leader with a proven track record of improving outcomes for students with SEMH. You will have resilience, drive and a passion to improve our provision. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring and experienced INCO, SENCO or Deputy Headteacher, as well as an existing Headteacher.
You will work with and have the support of the Heads of School of the PRUs, and will have over-arching responsibility for innovating the curriculum and monitoring this across CHB.
This is an exciting time to take on this role as a nearby site is being refurbished to provide extended and improved accommodation for the school and our NOR is increasing and your input on the curriculum and design for this will be vital.
The aim of the new Head of School is to ensure consistency of leadership for staff and students to give the dedicated and caring staff team the confidence they need to move the school to good and beyond and gain the best possible outcomes for students.
The successful candidate will be:
· Able to demonstrate experience of school improvement in senior management and leadership roles working with students with SEMH
· An experienced teacher who exemplifies the principle of PACE (Playful, Accepting, Curious, Empathetic)
· Able to think strategically and lead operationally – a strong and visible leader
· An outstanding communicator
· Committed to working in partnership with staff, agencies, families and the wider community
· Able to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations with diplomacy and sensitivity
· Determined to move the school forward, showing vision and drive
· Someone who shares our commitment unconditional positive regard for students and has high expectations of all
We can offer:
· An opportunity to be part of a dynamic developing organisation
· Support from colleagues and the governing body, and collaboration with our PRUs
· A welcoming, caring environment
· Rewarding work with diverse and wonderful students
· Assistance with relocation/accommodation may be available to the successful applicant
Visits (either virtual or in person) are welcomed and encouraged – please email email@example.com to arrange.
Please submit your application using the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Apply by: Monday 8 March 2021
Interview dates: 18 and 19 March 2021
Homewood College (Central Hub Brighton) is committed to safeguarding and all applicants must be willing to undergo screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Brighton and Hove
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years