We are seeking to appoint an excellent Head of School, with the vision and commitment necessary to lead and shape the next stage of our school’s development.
Rowdown is an inclusive 2-form entry Primary School and a member of the Fairchildes Academy Community Trust.
The current Head of School is retiring and so we are looking for a new inspirational leader for our dedicated and talented staff and our wonderful children.
We are looking for a head of school who will:
- Be passionate about ensuring our children are able to fulfil their potential in all areas
- Demonstrate an extensive proven track record of successful leadership and management
- Be strategic in their thinking and collaborative in their working approach
- Possess the skills and expertise to continue to develop the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Be committed to our inclusive ethos, putting the safety and wellbeing of the children and the school community at the forefront of all they do
- Be articulate in communicating to a range of audiences, and active in developing further the established partnerships between school, home, and the wider community
- Be fully involved in and passionate about all aspects of school life
As Head of school we can offer you the following:
- A challenging but rewarding opportunity to lead our school forward
- A welcoming school committed to continuing improvement
- An established, skilled, dedicated and supportive staff team
- Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- A support network within the Trust
- A supportive and challenging Academy Committee, overseeing all schools but with individuals dedicated to working with Rowdown
Candidates interested in this role are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to application, so that you can see us for yourself. If you would like to discuss the role, school or Trust, or have a Covid-adapted tour before applying, please contact Ros Sandell.
Please e-mail your completed application form with a covering letter to Ros Sandell: Rsandell@factrust.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references will be taken up before interview. If you believe this job is for you, we would welcome hearing from you.
Rowdown Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years