BEACONHOUSE SCHOOL SYSTEM, MALAYSIA
Head of School (Early Years)
Campus : Beaconhouse Newlands Early Years (BNEY)
Job start : August 2021 or as soon as possible
Location : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contract type : Full Time
Contract term : Fixed Term
The Beaconhouse brand of education was first introduced in Malaysia in 2004. It is an international brand of education found in 8 countries and has 43 years of academic excellence internationally.
Beaconhouse International Schools are located close to the centre of Kuala Lumpur within easy access to a wide range of cultural and sporting areas. The Group has well-established EYFS, primary and secondary provision in a range of curriculum schools. Beaconhouse Malaysia provides education for local and expat children from the ages of two and a half through to sixteen years old (IGCSE). The Beaconhouse School System - one of the largest school systems in the world, operates in UK, Pakistan, Malaysia, Oman, UAE, Philippines, Thailand, and Belgium.
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The schools cater for the children of both expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for those local Malaysian families wanting their children to experience an International school. The teaching staff are both expatriate and Malaysian.
The first Beaconhouse Pre-school in Malaysia was launched in 2004. Today we have 6 Preschools promoting the Beaconhouse Pre-school model of international standards and 3 three international models known as Beaconhouse Newland Early Years (BNEY) advocating the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The centre of our curriculum is based on 'Play' and promotes all forms of active learning. We advocate purposeful and educational play which is a powerful vehicle of learning for young children
- We are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Early Years Head of School to lead our motivated team of students and staff. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the strategic leadership of this EYFS School leading a creative and supportive teaching group, who play a key role in striving for excellence at all levels.
- This is an exciting time to join Beaconhouse Malaysia as we are enjoying a period of expansion throughout Malaysia. We welcome applications from experienced Kindergarten or Primary Principals or Vice Principals who have had experience in an International setting.
- Ideal candidates will be well qualified with a sound knowledge and understanding of effective teaching and learning within the Early Years setting, in particular with reference to the UK. Experience of the Cambridge International Primary Programmes at KS1 is essential. They should have proven leadership skills and evidence of excellence in all aspects of their work.
To offer leadership, inspiration and guidance; to manage the day to day routines of the BNEY School; ensuring excellent academic performance; to play a major role in the strategic planning for the whole school and to effectively lead the teaching and support teams. The successful candidate will be:
- Suitably qualified for the role with evidence of relevant experience.
- A dynamic, inclusive, charismatic and inspirational leader.
- A role model across the school in terms of dress, punctuality, attendance, positive engagement and professional relations among staff.
- A pace-setter who determines the agenda in pursuit of excellence while seeking out every opportunity to enhance the School’s reputation and competently and effectively manage change.
- An enthusiast, who readily and regularly shares and celebrates the successes of the students, the staff and of the school as a whole.
- A passionate educator; possessing integrity, a clear philosophy, knowledge of best educational practice, a sense of humor, strategic vision, and constructive determination.
- A first class administrator, who is focused, organised and efficient.
- A competent user of IT and able to analyse data in order to inform intervention and strategic direction.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at its completion.
Long listed candidates will be initially interviewed via Google Meets. Following these initial interviews short listed candidates will have a panel interview which may be held at the Regional Office should the candidate be in Malaysia or via Google Meets.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send in the documents below to us at careers@ beaconhouse.edu.my
Documents to include:
- Job application form (as attached)
- Cover letter of application including the reasons for applying to Beaconhouse for the role as Head of School (BNEY)
- Most updated resume
- Most recent passport size photograph
- Higher education certificates
- Passport biodata page + current work visa page
- Contact details of 3 referees who were your former principals (one of which must be from your current or most recent school) - name, designation, organization, email address and contact number
* preference will be given to candidates based in Malaysia currently.
Beaconhouse School System, Malaysia reserves the right to employ before the advertised deadline. It is therefore essential that you send applications as soon as possible. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent)
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
Beaconhouse Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- International schools & colleges