Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Head of School to join the Senior Leadership Team in an Independent Therapeutic School in the London Borough of Lambeth. This full time Head of School position is available from September 2018 and will be on a permanent contract.
About the Role
This senior leadership role will suit a leader from an educational and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties) background that is organised, flexible, efficient and credible.
- The HOS role is to lead the KS4 site, which is a brand-new, purpose-built school for pupils in Year 10 and 11.
- The successful Head of School role includes leadership of the timetable, placements, curriculum, safety and ethos in line with the schools vision and values.
- It is also imperative that the Head of School has previous KS4 experience, and is familiar with all examination processes including JCQ and the external verification of NVQ and BTEC.
- This site is currently at capacity with 20 pupils, and the role is therefore especially important in the management and development of the school site.
- The Head of School position will be facilitated on a permanent contract
- If possible, a handover throughout the month of June and / or July would be ideal.
- This is a non-teaching role.
About the School
· An Independent Therapeutic School specialising in SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs)
· A total of 20 children currently attend this school
· Located a short walk from a northern line station within the London Borough of Lambeth.
· There are two other sites within the school group (a primary site for years 1 to 5, and a middle site for years 6 to 9)
· A new facility which includes a central meeting area with leather sofa’s
· A spacious kitchen and dining area with their own on-site chef
· An impressive new music suite, and a spacious and well equipped construction workshop
· Due to the nature of the needs at this school, students have high behavioural difficulties
· The team here includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists
· This site opened its doors in September 2016, so the successful Head of School will be joining a new, well-resourced and thriving site for KS4 students.
· The students attend this school from all over London, and the school are currently working with around 13 different local authorities.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Secure knowledge and understanding of the latest key stage 4 curriculum including GCSE, functional skills, BTEC and AQA qualifications
· Secure knowledge and understanding of the independent school standards and Ofsted’s common inspection framework
· Strong, resilient, no-nonsense, driven & determined
· Clear, authoritative, credible and respected as a role-model of outstanding practice
· A passion for, and commitment to, providing outstanding provision for our unique pupils with SEMH
· Total professionalism and an ability to lead, role-model, problem-solve and support the facilitation of a productive and united team working environment
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, child protection and education and therapy in a SEMH context
· Have proven experience teaching the UK curriculum or equivalent in Australia, New Zealand and/or Canada
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Can provide recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXD162879
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.