Green Hills Academy (GHA) is an international school in Kigali, Rwanda with 1,550 students serving both the local and expatriate population. Green Hills Academy is seeking a strategic and visionary to join the team and make a difference as a Head of School for the 2020-21 school year. The ideal candidate should have effective communication skills for dealing with students, parents, and teachers and should be organised, energetic and self-directed. The position is to be filled in July or August 2020.
Green Hills Academy was established in 1997, with just 130 number of students. Today the school has grown to 1550 students with 62 different nationalities spanning from two years of age through Grade 12. Green Hills Academy is centrally located on a lush 26 acre campus in the heart of Kigali. Its facilities include a gymnasium, pool, music and band room, dining hall, boarding houses and soccer fields. Green Hills Academy is the only school in Rwanda offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, which helps our students get into competitive universities globally. Green Hills Academy is also the only school in Rwanda with Label France Education accreditation, helping students pursue further education and careers in Francophone countries. GHA is also AdvancED internationally accredited. Boarding facilities are offered from Grades 7 -12. Families can choose between a full English track with several languages being offered as additional languages or a bilingual English-French stream. To learn more about GHA please visit the website: www.greenhillsacademy.rw.
- Lead the strategic development of the whole school, ensuring the school’s mission and values are at the forefront of all decisions and actions, and all stakeholders are consulted in short-term and long-term goal setting
- Promote the school’s ethos, aims and objectives to stakeholders
- Lead the process for all accreditation systems and partnerships
- Oversee the school’s operational plans and development
- Create, edit and enforce school policy, keeping policies up-to-date, accessible and relevant;
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school
- Oversee the school’s marketing plan and execution
- Work with all members of the school team to achieve high quality teaching and to promote the highest standards of learning and achievement for all students
- Lead curriculum development and staff professional development in conjunction with the leadership team
- Ensure a consistent approach to teaching and learning across the years and sections
- Mentor and evaluate the leadership team, including Principals, HR, Finance, Admission and Operations, increasing the capacity and accountability of each section
- Communicate with the Board regularly keeping them up to date on school priorities and achievement
- Ensure the fiscal health of the school by applying best practice and being actively involved with budgeting and financial decisions
- Ensure the wellbeing and safety of all students, staff and community members when on campus
- A proven track record of monitoring and improving student achievement
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in school administration at a senior leadership level
- Native Level English, or near native level English language skills, required
- French language skills preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience with IB DP, Cambridge International Examinations curriculum and/or French National Curriculum preferred, but not mandatory
- Master’s degree in Education
Applications must include a cover letter, CV, references, and leadership philosophy. Please email applications to email@example.com along with any supporting documents. Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
To learn more about GHA please see our website at www.greenhillsacadmy.rw.