‘Education is the greatest gift we can give our children, and essential for the future of our island.’
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic school leader, who wants to lead their own school but also retain a meaningful role in the classroom. Our unique school currently caters for 29 children, so classes are small with an average of 10 pupils per class. We are situated in a modern, purpose built school on the idyllic island of Sark, in the Channel Islands.
Our new Head of School will:
- Have high expectations for every child and a passionate commitment to raising standards within a broad, creative curriculum.
- Be an effective communicator with a demonstrable ability to develop and build relationships with parents and the community and benefits the children and staff.
- Be a forward-thinker, open to new ideas and initiatives that will enhance the children’s learning; able to transcend the obvious geographical barriers to ensure learning opportunities are contemporary and linked to the wider world.
- Be an inspirational teacher and leader, who can work as part of a team to deliver an outstanding, child-centred learning experience for every child.
- Lead by example with integrity and kindness, staying true to our ethos and values.
- Have the expertise to effectively analyse data, manage the budget and lead the school.
In return we can offer you:
- Pupils who enjoy the opportunities to learn inside and outside of the classroom, who are polite and behave well.
- A purpose built educational environment, rich with technology and outdoor space.
- The opportunity to be an integral part of developing the future of education on the island.
- Accommodation, in a beautiful island house, suitable for you and your family (if you are accompanied).
- The unique lifestyle that comes from living and working on the island of Sark.
The post is offered as a three-year contract (with the opportunity to extend the role for a further term of three years).
Please see the application process attached. Initial interviews will take place at a partner school in England and for successful candidates, there will be a funded trip to the island of Sark for final interviews later in March 2018.
For more information or to informally discuss the position, please contact our recruitment partner Bev Gates on 07977 143412 or email email@example.com
Sark School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.