The Trustees of The Charter School Educational Trust (TCSET) are seeking to appoint two highly effective and inspirational Head of Schools for their very successful secondary schools, The Charter School North Dulwich and The Charter School East Dulwich.
Whilst individually strong, our secondary schools are seeking to work more closely together to strengthen and enhance their provision. This strategic work will be led by the current Headteacher of The Charter School North Dulwich who will become the Executive Headteacher.
Therefore, we are looking for two dynamic and ambitious Heads of School who understand the power of deep collaboration and will work highly effectively in close partnership with our new Executive Headteacher and the wider Trust team to take their school forwards to achieving and sustaining their school vision.
The posts will start from September 2021 and are offered on a full-time basis.
We are looking for individuals who have the knowledge, experience, skills and commitment to lead the schools at the very highest level.
The schools are two co-educational, inclusive secondary schools. The Charter School North Dulwich is an outstanding 11-18 school with undoubtedly some of the best KS4 and KS5 outcomes in the country. The excellent Charter School East Dulwich is a free school sponsored by the Trust. It is currently now in its 5th year of operation with pupils in Years 7 to 11. Their brand new buildings will be enhanced by its phase two build, which will provide additional facilities and accommodation including provision for the sixth form in September 2021.
Our new Heads of School will be the day-to-day driving force behind growing the schools to fulfil the Trust’s vision, mission and goals.
The successful candidates will be exceptional educational practitioners and senior leaders, with a proven track record of successful leadership and management. They will:
• Have the determination and enthusiasm needed to lead the schools, applying the Trust’s values and vision, deepening effective collaboration between the two secondary schools and the wider Trust, which includes four strong primary schools, including The Charles Dickens Research School and The London South Teaching School Alliance
• Have the highest expectations of staff and pupils and the vision to develop and build a strong staff team and cohesive student body.
• Inspire and motivate all pupils and staff to develop in a well-disciplined and harmonious environment.
• Enable all pupils to achieve their potential during their time at the schools, ensuring that they leave school as mature, rounded, resilient individuals, ready to take their places as active citizens in the wider world.
• Be committed to the delivery of the highest standards of teaching and learning across the schools.
• Have the determination and entrepreneurialism needed to lead their respective school, building on and applying the Trust’s values and vision, leading exemplary schools with their own flavour and character within the Charter family.
This is a remarkable opportunity for two highly motivated individuals to join our Trust at a very exciting time. Led by an exceptional Chief Executive Officer, The Charter Schools Educational Trust is an outstanding, exhilarating and innovative Trust that produces exceptional attainment for its learners and continues to make a significant contribution to the lives and opportunities of the families it serves.
To apply please visit the vacancies section of the TCSET website www.tcset.org.uk to download an application pack and job description. Alternatively please contact Wendy Andrews, Director of HR, email: WAndrews@tcset.org.uk or telephone 020 7346 6608.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Midday on 26th February 2021
Interviews: 4th and 5th March 2021
The Charter Schools Educational Trust
- English secondary schools