Head of Science
Main Scale or Upper Pay Scale + TLR1 range £7,853-£13,288
Dependent upon PROVEN track record, EXCEPTIONAL TEACHING ABILITY and EXPERIENCE
Start: January 2020
Closing date: Friday 18th October, Midday.
Lordswood Boy’s School is among the most improved schools in England with two years of sustained improvement and good to outstanding outcomes, improvements started and continued following CAT sponsorship.
2018, 2019 outcomes: Progress 8: +0.36, +0.31
English and Maths exceeded 4+ and 5+ targets in both years
There has never been a better time to join us on what is already an amazing journey. Rarely has a school taken such a stride in such a space of time and, even more remarkably, subsequently sustain that improvement with outcomes that are arguably better the following year…and here we are on the cusp of a brand new building equipped (construction well under way) for 750 students and a 6th Form (planning for which has commenced)…we expect to deliver a fully staffed, oversubscribed outstanding school. Our state-of-the-art new school is nearing completion and we expect to make the move soon after Christmas.
The new build features 5 brand new, fully equipped, cutting edge SCIENCE LABORATORIES. Join us. Why not? Or…read about us in the Birmingham Mail, published on Wednesday 1st May, 2019.
Interested candidates should make clear their skills and abilities, their proposed additional contributions and their expectations. CAT is committed to recruiting the best talent. If you have a particular strength or area you would like to focus on.We are very interested to work with people with specialist knowledge or specialist thinking; the non-negotiable is your excellent teaching, the rest is for you to shape. Talk to us today.
Candidates can be experienced or relatively new to the profession; the key is to come with the talent to teach our students, all of whom will engage with you and strive to over-achieve. Above all, we want brilliant teachers.
To apply, simply click the button or, if you need further information, interested candidates should contact Laura Robinson, HR Manager. Visit us too; you are always welcome to come and see a normal school day…you will like what you will see; this is a guarantee. We would also like to share the following:
Lordswood Boys’ School is part of the Central Academies Trust (CAT). CAT is a recently formed educational Trust with members and directors drawn from the highest achieving and highest profile schools in Coventry and Birmingham. Led by our Chief Executive Officer Dr. David Kershaw MBE, the Trust incorporates members and directors from industry and higher education, amongst other fields. Committed to raising achievement in challenging schools and to securing the highest of high equity, we will work relentlessly to change young lives in the Midlands. Any professional that joins in with our mission will have opportunities to work across our schools in the coming years as we seek to develop and promote our own staff into remarkable future Headteachers, outstanding school improvement experts or leaders of curriculum innovation and world class standards in education.
Lordswood Boys’ School has emerged from years of under-achievement and low attainment. Our recent in-Trust Inspection confirmed what the school improvement team already knew:
- The behaviour of students is exceptional…truly exceptional.
- There is genuine strength across the school. The 2018 and 2019 outcomes are remarkable.
- The development of Teaching and Learning is embryonic but has a core focus on Behaviour for Learning and is closely tied to the outstanding practices associated with the real-time tracking of key school performance indicators.
- The school is always seeking to be innovative, a philosophy best exemplified by the commitment to initiating a Foundation Studies thematic curriculum in Year 7 and Year 8. The school also has a whole-school focus on raising Literacy standards and the entire pastoral system is built upon tutor groups organised according to reading age; all our students will be strong readers as they complete Key Stage 3. This is a prime aim for CAT.
- Exceptional monitoring and tracking systems, many in real time. The school is data rich and the recent Inspection noted the outstanding quality of our management information; candidates will have more than enough evidence and background knowledge of performance patterns to be able to inform their work.
- A highly motivated and committed staff ready and willing to work with like-minded new colleagues.
- An expanding and newly appointed Leadership Team.
For visits, other information, informal discussions and application forms:
T: 0121-464 2837
Candidates will be required to submit the names of two referees, one of which must be your most recent employer.
Closing date: 18th October, Midday.