Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Science on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a school that pride themselves on encouraging a genuine love for learning. From a very young age, the school support their children in their development of a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, reflection and critical thinking. This thirst for growth and knowledge is one that stays with them throughout their school years, meaning they enter each stage of their lives best prepared for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
Applications are welcome from passionate and suitably qualified and experienced teachers to lead a thriving department. The successful candidate will be confident in teaching Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to 13+ Common Entrance and Scholarship level. The department has excellent resources with two well-equipped purpose-built laboratories. Whole school Science leadership experience will be an advantage but not essential. This is a highly fulfilling and challenging role in which to develop your career. A willingness to become fully involved in extra-curricular activities is also expected.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Inspire, lead and set vision for the continued development of an outstanding Science Curriculum from Nursery to Year 8
• Provide support and guidance for colleagues throughout the school, monitoring and further developing ‘Whole School’ Science provision
• Analyse and provide feedback regarding the performance of pupils. Promote a culture of continuous improvement in Science
• Report to SLT on achievement and planned actions for pupils in Science
• Ensure high standards of attainment and progress in Science
• Differentiate work in lessons as appropriate to pupils’ individual needs and provide opportunity to support colleagues with this
• Attend full staff meetings, parent evenings, INSET, and other school events as required by the Head of School or Head of Section
The successful candidate:
• High proficiency in Science capable to deliver challenging Scholarship Science Lessons
• Degree Qualification
• Highly scientific with ability to demonstrate ability in Science and Teaching
• 2-3 years’ experience of excellent science teaching in a school setting
• Be confident and able in the usage of IT to support learning
• Well organised, creative and innovative
• Good communication skills – be able to make points clearly and understand views of others
• Ability to work in partnership with parents; be pro-active and professional in your dealings with them
• Be a great team player with ability to inspire others
The school offers:
• Competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience
• Free coffee and tea supplied throughout the day
• Paid lunch
• Free parking on site (subject to availability)
• School fee discount
• Professional Development
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR1431698
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...