Due to the internal promotion of the existing postholder we are looking for an innovative practitioner who will have responsibility as head of our Science Department at Wildern School from September 2021. This is an exciting opportunity and we are looking for an individual who will successfully lead this curriculum area. Applications are very welcome from existing or aspirant middle leaders.
For more information on our Science department please visit our website https://www.wildern.hants.sch.uk/teaching-and-learning/curriculum/curriculum/science/
We will ensure that the successful candidate has:
• comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
• continuous professional learning, development and improvement
• the opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
Benefits of working for our trust include:
• Potential for career progression
• Excellent department resources
• Enrolment in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
• A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
• Friendly and sociable colleagues
• Staff membership rates to our modern on-site Leisure Centre
• Good transport links
• Free on-site car park
If you already live or work in Hampshire, you will know what a fantastic place it is. Located on the south coast of England, with excellent transport links, Hampshire offers a choice of rural or city living. The culture, coastline and countryside in Hampshire can provide a variety of different lifestyles:
• go horse riding, walking and cycling on the many routes found throughout Hampshire’s country parks
• visit theme parks, award winning museums and explore historic sites across the region
• take part in Hampshire’s thriving sports scene
• relax at Hampshire’s diverse range of food and drink establishments and regular farmers’ markets
We are part of the Wildern Academy Trust which includes Boorley Park Primary School, a further 7-form entry secondary school is planned to open September 2021. We have been judged by Ofsted as an “Outstanding” school for the past three inspections and we are determined to remain that way. Our staff form a collective team that make a difference to the lives of our students. This is an exciting time for the trust and all colleagues present and future.
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, individual CV’s will not be accepted. Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.wildern.hants.sch.uk where you can also find further details about the school, its facilities and benefits for staff. Applications can be e-mailed to email@example.com or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Closing Date: Closing Date: Midday Thursday 14th January 2021
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 25th January 2021
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years